A breast lift is also known as mastopexy. This procedure involves reshaping the breasts and removal of excess skin to tighten the surrounding tissues. If you desire a breast profile that is more youthful and uplifted, a breast lift procedure could be the answer for you.
Who is a good candidate for breast lift procedure?
Because a breast lift procedure is structured for the specific individual, you need to meet certain requirements. For a candidate to qualify for a breast lift, you need to:
- Maintain a stable weight and be physically healthy
- Be a non-smoker
- Be bothered by the sagging, loss of shape and/or volume of your breasts
- Have a flatter, elongated shape or pendulous breasts
- Have nipples to fall below the breast crease, when they are unsupported
- Have breasts with nipples and areolas pointing downward
- Have stretched skin and enlarged areolas
- One of the breast lower than the other
After the breasts are reshaped, the remaining skin needs to be tightened. Once the skin is tightened, the incisions are closed. Some of these incision lines get concealed naturally and some are visible on surface of the breast. Mostly, the incision lines fade over the time.